Sunday, January 31, 2010

2nd Week


This week I worked at the front desk. I was supposed to work with the children's librarian, but she was sick and had to stay at home, so this is why I worked at the front desk. I learned how to check in and check out books and movies. I learned how to make library cards for people. I helped people with computer problems and small research requests. I cleaned D.V.D.'s and shelved them. I answered the phones and placed calls to patrons to let them know that a book was on hold for them to come and pick up at their convenience. I worked on posters to make patrons aware about our upcoming book signings. I took book donations from patrons. It was a very interesting week, and I can't wait until next time! This picture was acquired from www.smrl.lib.ms.us.

No comments:

Post a Comment