Saturday, February 6, 2010

Week 3



This week, I helped at the front desk. It's never a dull moment up there! It is usually pretty busy with patrons needing help, making faxes and copies, answering phone calls and checking books and movies in and out. I really enjoy it though. It's a very nice atmosphere. On Tuesday, the children's librarian was feeling better so I helped her with story time. That was so much fun! I enjoyed watching the little kids jump around and get excited about the books. The children's librarian likes to incorporate an educational theme into the story time if she can. The theme for Tuesday was circles. Every book had a circle in it. (One of the books she read was If You Give A Mouse A Cookie.) She likes to read about five books and let the children put felt cut-outs that match the story onto a felt sheet on the wall. She also likes to let them do a craft that they take home and then they get to dance around to a goodbye song before they leave. It was so much fun! The kids are so cute! That was what I did this week, I can't wait until next week! (This picture was obtained from www.weread.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment