Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 4


Week four was a good week. I worked at the front desk some more. It is getting much easier since I am getting the hang of it. This week I also got to help with the book signing that was held at the library. It turned out nicely even though there was a somewhat smaller crowd than I expected. It was very interesting. (This is just one of the pictures that I took of the posters that were arranged around the library.) I didn't get a chance to buy the books from the authors but I will have to order some from them later. They each made a speech and then there were refreshments that were provided by the library staff. That was a good day. The next day was supposed to be my short day, but I decided that I would go read at one of the local nursing homes in Marion County. I went with one of the library workers and it turned out well. It was a small crowd but they were very friendly and they seemed to enjoy our taking time out of the day to come and visit with them. The people were so friendly and they enjoyed the books we brought to read to them. This week was a blast, I can't wait to see what happens next week! (This photo was taken by me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment