Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 6

This week at the library, I worked at the front desk. I definitely have it down pat now. It's so much easier and I am getting pretty smart :). It was a busy week this past week. The library ladies and I were running around like chickens with our heads cut off, ha ha. The library allows local school kids to come and receive tutoring after school. There are always people needing to use our computers. We also do a lot of business in copying and faxing. We do have an ongoing book sale to raise money for the library. It does really well, we have people that come in and browse through and at least two (it's normally way more) buy hardbacks and paperback books. I really like being in the library it's peaceful and I get to help nice people. It's a little hectic at times, but I do like it. I helped some people with minor computer problems. Christi and I familiarized ourselves with the reference section this week so that we would know what we had in that section. We had a pretty good bit of stuff that would have come in handy for the students who were doing reports. We also found some pamphlets and papers that would also be useful for students' needing to do research. Next week I think I will be doing something besides the front desk, because I need to get a feel for the rest of the library. I can't wait until next week! (This photo is from www.facebook.com/smrl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment