Sunday, February 21, 2010

Week 5


This week was a good week. The library was closed on Monday, so Tuesday was a very busy day. The library was packed on Tuesday, everybody came in to check out books and get on the computers. One of the classes of the local high schools is requiring their students to do a book report on someone famous, so the students have to have three books about that person. So we were very busy helping students and their parents find books. It was pretty quiet on Wednesday compared to the craziness of the day before. On Thursday, I worked at the front desk for a little while and then the director asked me to help out by covering books in the workroom. It is a very time consuming task, not hard, but you have to have things just so for the book to look right when you are done. I had to use three different kinds of tape! That was pretty funny to me, I thought all tape was created equal, but no, there are three different kinds to be used on the books when they are being covered. All in all, it was a very good week. The book I have pictured is one of the new books that was donated to the library. (It is a very good book if I do say so myself!) I can't wait to see what happens this upcoming week! (The picture was acquired from www.bookdaily.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment